Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 2

Verse of the Week:

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” ~ John 10:27-28



Song of the Week:






Security.

What an illusion it can be sometimes.

Just when we think we've got it all figured out, things sometimes change in ways that we aren't expecting. Either the noise of life get's too loud that we no longer notice the whisper, or we get to busy to just pause and be still in the midst of the chaos. Either way, aspects of life continue to move and change.

Through it all, there are some statements and promises that God makes throughout scripture. One of them is found in the verse of the week: "... no one can snatch them out of my hand." Isn't that a beautiful thought? No one can snatch me out of my God's hand if I am consistently striving to surrender everything and walk with Him.

Life is constantly shifting... but some things don't change: when we call His name... he never hesitates to wrap us in endless grace. He brings us back into his arms which is truly where we belong if we are really honest with ourselves.

So why is true security not frequently present? Why is the security we tend to find so often only an illusion that leads to brokenness and disappointment? I would venture to guess that it's because we're looking for our security in all the wrong places.

We are secure in the arms of Christ. Rest there this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment