Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Are MORE

Verse of the Week:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." - II Corinthians 5:17


Song of the Week:





You are more than the choices that you make. Do you believe that? When was the last time that you made a bad choice? For me, it was today during the intense afternoon heat. I decided to wear a gray t-shirt. NOT so good of a choice on a HOT day, because by the time I was done taking pictures for CAB (Campus Activity Board - they're pretty awesome!) it was more than obvious that I had been sweating glistening.

Okay, so obviously this isn't the worst choice I've ever made in my life. I've made plenty of bad choices and sometimes it's easy to think that these choices define me. But according to God, I AM a new creation. The old part of me - all the bad choices and decisions that I've ever made - is gone.

Thanks to Christ... I've been remade.

Do I still mess up? Yes. Do I still sin and make bad choices? Of course.

The difference is that I am no longer a slave to the bad choices that I make because they don't have the power to define my future for me.

CHRIST defines me.

Are you living in slavery to your past mistakes? Step into the freedom that Christ offers from all your past failings.

You are a new creation. You've been remade.

No comments:

Post a Comment