Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm Letting Go...

Verse of the Week:

"Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in."
- Psalm 24:7


Song of the Week:




Wow. I apologize for the lateness of this blog post. This week has been full of ups and downs for me.... which is no excuse for neglect in other areas of my life... but I like to attempt to use it as one sometimes.

This song by The Afters is a song that I've always liked, but it really resonated within my own heart and experiences this week.

"Your love catches me... so I'm letting go."

Really? Letting go?.... uhhhhh, I don't know about you, but letting go is scary to me. I don't want to release the control that I think I have. Some of my reasons are selfish. Some of my reasons are fear based. And still more of my reasons stem from my pride.

Sometimes I don't think I'm trying to control anything, but the deep fear within my heart tells me otherwise. This week I've been learning to ask God to reveal to me what I'm still trying to control - even if I can't identify it myself.

For it is in our letting go that the lifting up happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment