Monday, October 17, 2011

We All Need Rescuing

Verse of the Week:

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

~ Colossians 1:13-14


Song of the Week: "Back At My Heart" by Natalie Grant




Several years ago, I was in a Bible study where we memorized all of Colossians 1 and 2. The second chapter was always a little sketchy, but several verses in the first chapter are permanently ingrained in my mind. The verse of the week is one of those verses that just seemed to stick.

I love the hope contained in this verse!

For He has rescued us...

He has rescued me!

Rescued me... from what?

... from the dominion of darkness...

Darkness.

Pain.

Failures.

Hopelessness.

Evil.



Darkness....




So what? If he's rescued me, what does that mean for me?

It means that he's brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves

The Son?

Christ.

...in whom we have redemption...

What's that?

... the forgiveness of sins.



Wait.

He loves me?

Enough to rescue me?

Yes.

Now comes the choice:

Will I allow him to be the healer of my heart?
Will I allow him to rescue me?
Will I allow him to pick up my broken pieces?

Again, the answer is yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment